There is something about the autumn climate that screams for fresh bread and hot chili.
Slow Cooker Lentil Chili (Vegan and Gluten-free)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 hot pepper or to taste
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 15oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 15oz cans diced tomatoes
- About 2 cups bag brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 can (398ml) of maple flavored brown beans
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Put everything in the slow cooker and stir well
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or cook on low for 6 hours
**Note: This freezes well.**
After a day spent outside racking leaves, harvesting the garden and making any other fall to winter preparations then coming into a warm house filled with the scent of spicy chili powder, onions, garlic and tomatoes marks a classic fall day.
Does anybody have a recipe from bread?
By Shari Marshall – 2019