Recipe for a Mother’s Love
What is mixed into a mother’s love? This balance of flavours comes from a short list of ingredients that doesn’t need to be overly complicated.
- Pinch of self-acceptance
- Pinch of continual wisdom
- Tad of respect & warm approval
- Tad of support
- Dash of infinite patience
- Hint of flexibility (the kind that can accept change)
- Tad of trust
- Drop of understanding
- Smidgen of compromise
- Drop of encouragement
- Dash of good listening
- Tad of role modeling
- Hint of humour
- Unlimited hugs & kisses
- Sprinkle of sleeplessness
- Leave the fires of life burning.
- Use a well-mixed base of self-acceptance and wisdom. Years of simmering (gentle boil) recommended.
- Mix respect & warm approval with support in a soon to be mom and set this to the side.
- Take patience and mold it into a firm yet gentle shape, then roll it in flexibility and add it to mom.
- Add trust, understanding, compromise, and encouragement and mix until just combined.
- Whisk together good listening and role modeling then steadily pour into the mom, stirring occasional. Now add the mix of respect & warm approval & support that had been set aside.
- Take humour and shake it to the state of hilarity, but do not over shake because there is a danger of reaching absurdity.
- Add unlimited hugs & kisses. Top with a sprinkle of sleeplessness.
Tip: Mom is best served with a working side of structure, limits, and boundaries.
Note: Mom does not need to be covered, reheated, or refrigerated. She will keep well for a lifetime especially if supplied with smiles, laughs, appreciation, and wonderful memories.
By Shari Marshall – 2017