“You can make anything by writing.” – C.S. Lewis
- A fairy tale re-write. It is currently just over 1000 words, and it is a piece that I have been working on in fits and starts for a while. If I was to sum the piece up I would say it is a creation version of Snow White that focus of nature.
- Poetry. I came across several old poems that have been worked, rejected, reworked, and rejected. I had discarded and forgotten about them in the early 2000’s. I am currently slashing and merging them into something beautiful.
- A children’s story called New Shoes. I am hoping to share this story with you soon. (Added July 7, 2016 to the link below: https://wordpress.com/people/team/writingiscommunication.wordpress.com)
- A short memoir piece on a person very dear to me. This is the first piece that I have finished as a result of the 6 week memoir course I participated in at the local collage. I am currently in the first editing stage, and I am excited about a polished product. However, I am feeling too close to this piece, so after I finish this first edit my plan is to put it away for a couple months before re-visiting it.
- Another result of the memoir course is a rough chapter for my own story, as well as a rough preface. Both of these offer a main theme, crossroads, which I want to incorporate throughout the rest of the chapters. My goal from here is to set a timeline for writing the rest, so that I can keep moving forward with it.
- I am working on a camping piece, something more like my typical blog style. It was inspired by our first camping experience this summer. Coming to WordPress soon… (Added July 23, 2016 to the link below: https://writingiscommunication.wordpress.com/2016/07/23/trading-perfume-for-bug-spray/)
- I am hoping to have a guest on my blog at some point, but I am waiting for confirmation. More on that if it comes to fruition.
- Finally, I am thinking about trying my hand at some flash fiction. The term is new to me. It seems the word count varies a bit, so my plan is to target somewhere between 300-500 words. Any tips or suggestions here?
Thanks for the support.
“Writers see the world differently. Every voice we hear, every face we see, every hand we touch could become story fabric.” – Buffy Andrews
By Shari Marshall – 2016